Monday, July 7, 2008

Short Post

People say why buy the cow if you can have the milk for free. My thought is that I want prime rib and a glass of milk. Basically, I really don't want to just have sex with random girls or emotionally manipulate them for sex. I want a woman who I can marry share a life with, have children, get to know deeply, fight with, reconcile with, repent when I treat her badly, and sex. But my desire for those things is probably in that order. If you reading, what do you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What it seems you are saying is that you want a companion, and not just a tool for temporary relief/pleasure. That's good (though personally I would probably put sex before fighting, haha). From personal experience as a male it seems like there is a definite skew on the strength of biological desire for the things you mention. A man's desire for physical intimacy can be extremely strong compared to most of these other things. In general women seem to have a much stronger natural desire to have children than men as well. I guess my point is that some men want to just bandage the wound or fill the strong, often overpowering desire for physical intimacy, without much regard to the other things. And to a degree I can see where they are coming from, since the desire can be unimaginably strong at times. But I certainly agree with wanting the whole package. I think the strength of desire can shift and fluctuate between the things you mention, but the desire for the entire "ball-o-wax" I think is healthy.